Remember the post about winter farmer's markets in the Chicago area. A little birdy put something in my in box yesterday to remind us about markets this Saturday. See here for details.
According to the e-mail, the following will be available at the markets:
*Both Farmers Markets**Look's cool!
will feature most or all of the following:*
· Tilapia (farm-raised in Illinois free of antibiotics, mercury,
herbicides, hormones, pesticides and steroids)
· Cheese & yogurt, both in a variety of flavors
· Honey in a variety of flavors
· Organic lettuce, kale & herbs
· Organic micro-greens, including baby arugula (rocket)
· Organic baby red potatoes
· Fresh mushrooms (several varieties)
· Apple and pear butters
· Goats’ milk soaps in heavenly scents & fun shapes
· Pet products
· Bath & body products
· Infused vinegars & dried herbs
· Organic milled flours, several varieties
· Wool yarn & woolen goods
· Maple & sorghum syrups
· Beautiful fruit tarts & cakes by the Sisters of Fraternite
· Fair trade coffee
· Fair trade organic olive oil from the Palestinian region
· Opportunities to learn about CSAs (community supported
agriculture) and purchase your subscription for this summer
· And much, much more!
Meat & poultry will be available in Oak Park only.
*Quantities of some products are limited, so shop early!*
PS: I'm trying to find the names of the farmers/vendors.