Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Order Local

Irv and Shelly's Fresh Picks

Last week someone put a comment on the blog about Irv and Shelly's Fresh Picks, a kinda Peapod for readers of Michael Pollan. I did not publish the comment for a few days because the comment bordered on spam or at least free advertising (hint: cut me in!). Then, I thought, well, this site is all about getting the good word out, helping everyone eat local, if this Fresh Pick thing is a resource, why squelch it. And a funny thing happened along the way. I made an order.

I'll reserve more posting until my goods actually arrive on Saturday. In the meantime, I've updated the What's In Season list to include items that a localvore can obtain at Fresh Picks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks- didn't mean to spam- just wanted to get the word out :)

Hope your order works out :)

Also- another recommendation- I found montchevre goat cheeses (from WI) at the local jewel- their goat milk brie is amazing. you should check it out http://www.montchevre.com/

Danit