Thursday, September 07, 2006

Green City Market
September 6, 2006




It's beginning to feel a lot like fall here.



It was so fall-y yesterday at the Green City Market that I am sure I just did not notice it as much last week [ed. too busy shaking down the fresh mozzarella rumors?] It's a great time to shop. There are still plenty of tomatoes, eggplants (both normal and what, abnormal?), corn; berries, but there was all of the things associated with fall including wild mushrooms, squashes and root vegetables.
I'm still not used to how long it takes for red bell peppers to arrive because they seem so summer. The last few weeks, I've got some red bell pepper like things, like Vicki's pimientos, but this is the first week I got honest too goodness red bells--not that I did not also purchase these tiny red sweet peppers from Green Acres. As soon as I got home I roasted the big ones.


Daily Musings 081

Here's some of what else was there this week.
The biggest rutabagas I've ever seen, the wild mushrooms


The bees were in full force!











The obligatory dog shot.
Daily Musings 037

No comments: