Sunday, April 04, 2004

The Blues

I used to consider myself quite the blues aficionado. I feel justly proud in bragging about seeing plenty of the immortals, with a few good friends in small clubs or with 1,000's of others at venues like Chicagofest. Included in my blues CV is a few shows by Zeus himself, Muddy Waters. When I had records, I had quite the set of blues records. I still have a fair amount of blues CDs, although I do not listen to them all that much. What has mostly disconnected me from the Blues is that triangle of married, with kids, and a job. Even when we have a baby sitter, I am hard-pressed to be catching a late starting set at one of the remaining Blues clubs. And...

Well, a long intro to a series I will be following this week in the Sun Times on the state of Chicago Blues.

No comments: