Monday, April 19, 2004

Mil - Walk - ee II

Note, below, I've added some photo's from MikeG and SethZ. Both sets of pictures capture the event well. See here for Seth's and here for Mike's.

Based on SethZ's list, here's a bit more info on places I forgot to mention as well as a few names where my mind was drawing blank:

Gonnella Bread Factory - Chicago and Milwaukee

We tried to cajole a tour, all we got were hairnets.

Johnny's Snack Shop - Milwaukee near Concord
Looks rather normal on the outside but quite Algrenesque inside with full range of long forgotten Wicker Park characters. Chickened out on ordering as it was really a sit down place. This after one of the cooks (owner?) yelled at us several times to sit down.

The name of the bar with the charming old Polish tender, where we enjoyed our Okocims and sausage was called The Padalhie Club.

I forgot we stopped at the deli part of Staropolska, near Belmont, for dry sausage, and I mean dry as a descriptor not as a style of sausage.

SethZ sez we stopped at some place called Michaels, but right now, I cannot remember it for the life of me.

The place with the home made huaraches and quesadillas was called El Gallo #2.

No comments: