Monday, September 11, 2006

Bear Down

If I could take any solace with the dwindling supply of heirloom tomatoes on Farmer Vicki's table on Saturday, it was the Bears began their season on Sunday. The new season is always of highest interest at the start. What will become; will it become a season of interest? So, here's my quick assessment of the Bear's victory:

The coolest thing about the game, and one reason, I believe, they had such any easy time, is they discovered that they place offense with 11 players. Using both the fullback (especially) and the tight end really helps.

We may have our own Antwon Randel El

While pitching a shutout, the defense did not look great. There seemed to be a lot of plays that took in chunks of field. It seemed to my untrained eye, that the defense benefited from time of possession, favorable spots, and a lot of awful passes from Mr. Favre.


I'll be watching next week.

No comments: