Monday, April 24, 2006

The Big Picture

I get annoyed easily; really, too easily. My wife tells me I should look at the big picture.

Jerusalem Cafe opened in Oak Park this year, in a space formerly of Panda Express. Surely an improvemment, especially as I have finally run out of patience with the mediocre Grape Leaves. I'm not sure now. At this place, there is a sign, and I paraphrase
Forgive the extended time it takes to get you your lunch. We cook everything fresh and from scratch

Immediately in eye view of this sign are 15 or so falafal sitting under a heat lamp. Also, within eyesight, a man working chicken chunks on the grill that will sit around under the guise of "shwarma".

Alas, I must look at the big picture.

Jerusalem Cafe
1030 Lake St.
Oak Park 60301
708-848-7734

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The food is ok but the service is awful.